- 32 inches
- Hand paint
- 38 inches
- Indoor/Outdoor Use
- 15 inches
- Great gift
- 5 silver aluminum tubes
- 22 inches
- Great gift
- 24 inches
- Glass, Steel & Aluminum
Choose the Best Butterfly Wind Chimes
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Butterfly Wind Chimes
33 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Wind Chimes are nowadays a popular solution to decorate either your home or garden, backyard, patio, etc. Playing with a breeze, such dainty things produce a pleasant melody and appeal to the eye. There are several reasons why one should have a wind chime at home:
- Regarded as a trendy interior/exterior decoration, wind chimes are pleasant to both look at and listen to.
- Creating melodious sounds, a wind chime can set the atmosphere up to your mood.
- If chosen properly, a wind chime can relieve anxiety causing a calming effect and trigger positive emotions in you. Some people may be affected in such a way with a high and tinkling sound, while others with deeper and more resonant tones.
- Creates a sense of connection with the outdoor world.
- Their sounds can startle birds and, thus, keep your yard clearer.
- Being used as a spiritual tool, wind chimes are believed to provide divine protection and clarity of the mind in Buddhism and to direct positive chi energy to different parts of your house in Feng Shui.
- Characterized by these important functions, a wind chime is a great idea for a gift for your close people.
We’ve selected the Top 5 Best Butterfly Wind Chimes you are likely to appreciate if you have any of them at home. Some basic details are provided in the comparison table below.
CREATIVE DESIGN Wind Chimes – the Most Durable Decoration!
It comes with 4 aluminum tubes and a braided nylon cord.
Creative Design Wind Chime is perfectly tuned and sweet-sounding. It is a splendid idea for a gift since the chime not only produces a relaxing effect but also is packaged in a kraft paper box.
- Has a unique design;
- Produces soft and sweet sound;
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage;
- Unlikely to fade in sunlight;
- Only one side of the butterfly is painted;
- The strings may be of different length, making the whole chime look crooked;
- Costs good money.
If you are looking for a perfect gift for your close ones and want to rejoice them with something pleasant to look at and listen to, your needs may be completely satisfied with the Creative Design Wind Chime. It’s a good choice for any occasion: wedding, Birthday, anniversary, Mother’s Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving day, etc.
BLESSEDLAND Butterfly Wind Chime – the Safest Purchase!
The length of the longest tube is 11 inches. The wind chime is bronze-colored. It comes with an S hook, enabling you to hang this stylish decoration wherever you want, either indoors or outdoors, with no additional tools implemented. If you are not satisfied with the quality of Blessedland Wind Chime, the company is ready to offer you a free new replacement or full refund.
- Novel vintage design;
- Well-made sturdy construction;
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor use;
- Easy to install;
- Not very loud;
- Produces a very pleasing subtle sound;
- Easy to untangle;
- Worth its cost;
- 100% money-back guarantee.
- Quite expensive;
- Unlikely to survive more than one winter if hung outdoors.
In case you are eager to buy a pleasantly-sounding wind chime but are afraid of being disappointed with it and turning the purchase into a waste of money, you can safely order the Blessedland model since they offer a free replacement or full refund to their buyers.
Woodstock Isabelle’s Dancing Butterfly – Best Subtle Wind Chime Choice!
It is made of white wash finish pine wood and includes 5 silver aluminum tubes.
The length of Isabelle’s Dancing Butterfly wind chime from the top of the hanging ring to the bottom of the butterfly is 15”. It is packaged in a cardboard box and has a card with a short background story attached. This makes the wind chime a perfect choice for a gift.
- Produces a light tinkling sound;
- The sound can be pre-heard in a video;
- Super lightweight and dainty;
- Less likely to tangle due to a rather short length;
- Available in various colors;
- Reasonable price.
- The colors might fade in direct sunlight;
- Recommended to be hung indoors to prolong the sounding capability.
Isabelle’s Dancing Butterfly wind chime may be a perfect choice for minimalism lovers since it is small, lightweight, and subtle.
ME9UE Solar Butterfly Wind Chime – Best for Romantic Atmosphere!
The 6 transparent butterflies, made of crystal clear ABS resin, receive the sunlight through the day and light up at night automatically turning on at dusk and off at dawn. However, ME9UE Solar Butterfly needs to be charged for 6-8 hours in direct sunlight in the Switched ON mood so that to keep glowing from 6 to 12 hours. It is fitted with a Ni-MH AA 600mAh 1.2V battery.
The length of the wind chime from the hanging ring to the bottom of the windcatcher is 26.5” and the width of the suspension platform at the top, equipped with a waterproof solar panel is 5 inches.
- Features illuminating transparent butterflies;
- Works on a rechargeable and replaceable battery.
- Is highly likely to produce no sound, only shine;
- The butterflies do not last long – charging is needed.
- The duration of light depends on natural conditions;
- Regular maintenance is required;
- Needs to be located in direct sunlight to charge and then glow;
- It may not light up at night if there’s another strong source of light close.
If you are eager to add a drop of romance to either your interior or exterior which will not only be pleasing to ears but also eye-catching, you may like ME9UE Solar Butterfly wind chime very much. When choosing it, however, be sure you place it in direct sunlight so that it could work to the utmost and rejoice you.
Spoontiques Wind Chime – the Best Choice for Cheerful Mood!
The Spoontiques wind chime is made of glass, steel, and aluminum. Its height is 17 inches and it weighs 9,6 ounces.
The lifelike butterflies are hand-painted, what makes the Spoontiques Wind Chime a perfect unique gift at a reasonable price.
- Characterized by a hand-painted design;
- Suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage;
- The photo corresponds to the actual product;
- One butterfly on one string: can be easily adjusted how to cascade;
- Well-packed for safe shipping;
- Worth its price;
- Different hanging figures are available.
- Produces a clunky sound which may be rather annoying;
- The colors may fade in sunlight;
- The butterflies might look stamped rather than hand-painted;
- Strong wind is needed to make it chime.
If a stylish multicolored lively wind chime is what you need to make your day, Spoontiques seems to be the option that can satisfy your needs completely, cheering you up daily.
The quality of wind chime, as well as their durability, directly depends on the material they are made of. The same factor determines how a wind chime sounds. So a question pops up: what material to choose?
- Hard Metals, for instance, anodized aluminum and steel, guarantee durability, excellent finish, and tone of a wind chime. They produce a sharp sound with a short attack.
- Soft Metals, like copper, produce a softer tone with a gentler approach and fewer high overtones. If coated, such wind chimes may last longer but they can oxidize and turn a shade of green.
- Glass. Such wind chimes produce a pleasant tinkling melody with a high pitch that is much lighter than the sound produced by a metal one. Moreover, it is regarded to be more playful and, at the same time, less sonorous. Though glass is insensitive to wear and tear, it is fragile and can be easily broken.
- Wood. Such wind chimes possess good tonality. They are light and percussive. The downside of such wind chimes is that wood may rot from moisture.
Music or musical tones can be a powerful influence on the lives of individuals. These single tones or combination of tones can inspire, create moods and dispel stress. Generally, musical tones can be created by various instruments. These instruments can include string instruments, brass instruments, reed instruments, sounds from nature and from people, etc.
One additional soothing apparatus that is an instrument for creating tones is a wind chime. Wind chimes date back in history over thousands of years. Often wind chimes were associated with the spiritual realm and often adorned various temples and other centers of spirituality.
Wind chimes were made from various materials taken from the earth. Materials to create wind chimes included bamboo, metal, ceramic pottery, etc. Today wind chimes are made utilizing a variety of sizes, shapes, designs, etc. One such popular design are butterfly wind chimes.
The use of butterfly wind chimes can be especially soothing to the individual who chooses this type of wind chime. This soothing or centering advantage can be based on two specific reasons. Those reasons are the beauty of the butterfly wind chime and its symbolism.
When one thinks of a butterfly often words that come to mind to describe this fragile creature is its beauty and delicateness. Often the chimes that are used to manufacture butterfly wind chimes are smaller in size. This in turn creates a more delicate sound when the movement of the air causes the chime material to touch each other.
In addition butterfly wind chimes are often made from colored materials. These colored materials are utilized to reflect the vibrancy of the colors associated with various butterflies. Often these colors are manufactured using acrylic, stained glass, colored beads, etc.
Therefore, the benefit of using butterfly wind chimes is the appeal that is created visually in addition to the soothing sounds of the chimes. This visual beauty works in concert with the sounds of the chimes that fall upon the ears and adds to the individual’s enjoyment and stress relieving experience.
Utilizing butterfly wind chimes also benefits the individual through the powerful symbolism of the butterfly. That symbolism is that the butterfly experiences a metamorphic process that transforms the crawling caterpillar into a colorful and floating new creature.
When seeing the butterfly wind chimes or meditating utilizing the delicate sounds that are produced, the individual can remember and associate their lives with the transforming process that similarly occurs in the evolution of the butterfly.
Video Tutorial: How to Make Beautiful Wind Chime for Room Decoration
Are butterfly wind chimes healing?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this issue. Some people swear that the gentle sound and motion of butterfly wind chimes can soothe and heal, while others claim they have no supernatural abilities at all. In the end, it is up to each person to determine whether or not butterfly wind chimes have any therapeutic benefits; regardless, wind chimes are a lovely piece of décor. , 
Is it good to put butterfly wind chimes?
Of course. Butterfly wind chimes are a beautiful addition to any garden and may be hung in a variety of locations. Some people prefer to hang them from a tree or on their porch, while others like to install them at the front door. Regardless of where you put your butterfly wind chimes, they will provide beauty and charm to your environment.
Many people enjoy giving butterfly wind chimes as gifts. They’re ideal presents for friends and family members who like spending time outdoors. Consider purchasing a set of beautiful butterfly wind chimes if you are seeking for an unusual present that will delight your loved ones.
As with any other type of garden decoration, it is important to take proper care of your butterfly wind chimes. In order to keep them looking their best, you will need to clean and polish them on a regular basis. By following these tips, your butterfly wind chimes will remain in excellent condition for many years to come. , 
Where should butterfly wind chimes be hung?
They can be hung just about anywhere, as long as they are in a spot where they will get plenty of sun and breeze. They make beautiful additions to porches, gardens, and patios.
Some people choose to hang their butterfly wind chimes in their homes, either inside or outside. If you choose to hang them inside, be sure to place them in a sunny spot near the entrance or windows, so the butterflies would float in the sun.
If you are hanging your butterfly wind chimes outside, be mindful of the weather. They should not be left out in storms, high winds or during the winter season.
Do butterfly wind chimes keep birds away?
It really depends. In some cases the sound of the chimes scares away birds, on other hand others claim that the butterflies on the chimes attract birds by reflections and bright colors. Ultimately, it depends on your specific situation and what you find works best for you.
Loud sounds indeed can intimidate birds but this depends on the bird. Some can get used to the sound over time and it will have no effect, while others will be scared away immediately. , , 
Do butterfly wind chimes keep rats away?
There is no evidence to support the claim that any wind chimes keep rats away. However loud sounds of wind chimes can help to scare some of the unwanted timid visitors away, so it’s still worth a try.
Still, if you are looking for a way to keep rats away from your home, using a butterfly wind chime is not likely to be effective. Instead, try using traps or deterrents that have been proven to be effective. For more information on how to get rid of rats, please consult your local pest control professional. , 
Why don’t my butterfly wind chimes chime?
All kinds of wind chimes need a breeze to make them chime. If your wind chimes are not getting enough air flow, they will not produce sound. Try hanging your butterfly wind chimes in an area where there is more airflow.
If you have tried these solutions and your butterfly wind chimes are still not producing sound, it is possible that there is something wrong with them and they need to be replaced. 
Are hummingbirds bothered by butterfly wind chimes?
Some hummingbirds may be attracted to the motion, bright colors and sound of the quieter chimes, while others may be disturbed by the sound they make. It is best to experiment with different varieties of wind chimes to see which ones work best in your area, but usually big chimes will scare them away. You can also try hanging a feeder nearby to see if that attracts more hummingbirds. , , , 
Are squirrels afraid of butterfly wind chimes?
Squirrels can be unpredictable creatures, so there’s no way to know for sure how they might react. However, it is likely that the sound of butterfly wind chimes will scare squirrels off, as they are known to be afraid of noise. This means that you can use your butterfly wind chimes as a deterrent against these pesky critters!
The problem is, they can easily grow accustomed to the sound. For this reason you need to think of more than one measure to deal with the squirrels.
If you do have squirrels in your yard and would like to keep them away, try placing a few metal bird feeders around the area. Squirrels hate the taste of birdseed and will stay away from anything that smells or tastes like it.
Make sure to also keep any food sources for the birds hidden away, as squirrels will also steal food from the feeders. , , 
Wind Chimes can make your home a fabulous place, setting the cozy atmosphere. Your house and yard will become really lively with a tiny tinkling wind chime playing with the breeze. Think about what sounds you prefer or what sound your close ones will find more pleasing and make the right choice! Think carefully so that to pick up the one which will calm you down and not annoy you.