- Easy to Customize
- 6 silver aluminum tubes
- Overall length of chime is 24″
- Made in the USA
- Hand-tuned to the scale of C
- Overall length of chime is 27″
- Easy to Customize
- 6 Silver aluminum tubes
- Overall length of chime is 32″
- Adjustable striker
- Anodized aluminum tubes
- Sleek clean lines
- Easy to Customize
- 6 bronze aluminum tubes
- Overall length of chime is 54″
Choose the Best Metal Wind Chimes
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Metal Wind Chimes
74 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Wind chimes have become not only a popular decoration of your place, that creates a peaceful, relaxing atmosphere around but also a widely-chosen idea for a gift on any occasion. Among the variety of wind chimes available, it is important to make the right choice to get a long-lasting source of pleasure.
The most durable wind chimes are considered to be the ones made of metal. They feature high tuning accuracy, making it possible to tune the wind chime to specific tones and notes, resembling famous melodies. Besides, such wind chimes are waterproof as well as rust-resistant. So they are highly likely to last long without fading of its beauty.
We have included the best options which may meet your needs in this Top 5 Best Metal Wind Chimes. Check for some basic details of the wind chimes in the comparison table below.
Woodstock AGMS – the Best Wind Chime Conveying Hope!
AGMS consists of 6 high-polish silver aluminum tubes, unlikely to rust. The cherry-finished top is made of ash wood and demonstrates a weather-resistant ability. The length from the top of the hanging ring to the bottom of the windcatcher is 24 inches. The windcatcher is removable and, thus, can be personalized.
- Available in different sizes;
- Sounds quite loud;
- Has a sturdy cord;
- The removable windcatcher enables customization of the wind chime by engraving it;
- May startle birds not by its sound but rather by the light reflecting off the silver tubes.
- A high risk of receiving a cheap knockoff;
- May disappoint you by producing random notes from “Amazing Grace” rather than the whole melody (though it’s not supposed to play the whole melody since it is a wind chime).
If you feel like your soul needs redemption and the melody, produced by a unique wind chime, may help you with it, you should buy Woodstock AGMS wind chime which you can get personalized in any trophy shop.
Corinthian Bells Wind Chime – the Best Option for the Price!
The longest one is 12.5 inches. The windsail is about 4″ in diameter and it is made of solid metal. You can use an S hook to hang the wind chime.
The Corinthian Bells wind chime is made from a powder-coated aluminum alloy of good density allowing it to be tuned well. This wind chime is hand-tuned to the C scale and produces pleasant sounds.
- A high-quality wind chime;
- Features a beautiful soft sound;
- Well-worth its price;
- A 5-year limited warranty is issued against defects;
- Comes nicely packaged with a nice brochure inside;
- Is centrally pinned allowing its tubes to continue resonating regardless of the direction they may move;
- Can be engraved;
- The strikers made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight plastic contribute to the rich sound.
- The manufacturer cannot provide personalized engraving;
- The ring at the top is a closed circle, with no S hook included.
If you are in search of an attractive melodic windcatcher to set the atmosphere of calmness, the Corinthian Bells wind chime may satisfy your needs.
Woodstock Pachelbel Canon Wind Chime – the Best Idea For a Universal Gift!
The Woodstock Pachelbel Canon wind chime consists of 6 silver aluminum tubes, .75″ in diameter, which produce the notes D F# G A B D, and 4 black aluminum rods, .25″ in diameter, which produce the notes D E F# A.
The Woodstock PCC’s sounding resembles the melody of Johann Pachelbel’s “Canon in D”, a graceful melody so popular during wedding processions.
- Approved high quality;
- The combination of larger and smaller chimes ensures multi-layered tones;
- Weather protection ensures long lasting;
- Can be checked for the sounding with a video available online;
- Comes in a variety of colors;
- Features good resonance;
- Lifelong tuning guarantee;
- A sturdy, durable corded string;
- The rods are unlikely to rust;
- Regular oiling of wooden parts may retard natural aging;
- The removable windcatcher enables customization.
- No hanging hook included as a set;
- The manufacturer does not provide engraving;
- Does not produce the song itself, but rather random sounds resembling it.
You may deeply impress your close people by presenting the Woodstock Pachelbel Canon wind chime to them since this is a perfect idea for a gift on any occasion! People of all ages may be pleased, inspired, and entertained by these sounds of joy, hope, love and promise.
Carson Home Accents Sonnets Wind Chime – the Best for Memorial Celebrations!
The overall length of the wind chime is 44 inches. It includes 5 heavy-walled, center-pinned aluminum tubes, 1.25″ in diameter. They are highly protected with a durable powder coating in addition to an anodized finish.
The striker may be adjusted, however, it comes preset, intended for a recommended location where the sounding will be of the highest quality.
- Uniquely designed;
- Features powder-coated tubes;
- Has an adjustable striker;
- Produces deep rich tones;
- Comes originally well-packaged;
- Reliable company, manufacturing high-quality wind chimes for over 40 years.
- Quite expensive;
- You may face damages caused by receiving the product without a shipping box.
The deep sounds of the Carson Home Accents Sonnets make this wind chime a perfect choice for memorial celebrations remembering the ones who passed.
Woodstock Encore Wind Chime of Neptune – the Largest One!
This wind chime is hand-tuned to a common, 5-note scale.
The Encore Wind Chime of Neptune includes 6 hollow bronze aluminum tubes, 1.25″ in diameter. The longest one is 32 inches. They are unlikely to rust.
- Available in different colors;
- Includes a removable windcatcher;
- Comes in authentic Woodstock packages;
- Very sturdy strings;
- Produces light sounds;
- Can be easily customized;
- Features a weather-resistant wooden top;
- The sound can be pre-heard in a video attached;
- Double boxed when shipped;
- Life-long tuning guarantee.
- Extremely large, needs enough space to look perfect;
- May come improperly packaged;
- The company offers no engraving services.
If you are looking for a massive decoration for your garden which will set a pleasant, melodic atmosphere, the Encore Wind Chime of Neptune may totally satisfy your needs.
What determines the sound of a metal wind chime?
In fact, different wind chimes, even made from the same material, can produce different sounds. The sounding varies depending on several factors, these are:
- The number of tubes. It determines how many notes a wind chime can make. The more tubes it has, the more variable sounds it produces.
- The overall length. The tone and depth of the sound depend on how long a wind chime is. If you prefer low, full tones, choose among longer ones, if you like high pitched tones more, then look for it among shorter ones.
- The size/weight of the windcatcher. The lighter it is, the less wind it requires to chime, and the more sound the wind chime produces.
Consider these factors when choosing a wind chime so that to pick the best option for you. Otherwise, you might be disappointed or even annoyed with your choice.
How to make your wind chime serve longer?
If you are eager that your wind chime could rejoice you by producing sweet sounds at your place longer, try to follow the recommendations below:
- Do not place it in areas exposed to longtime direct sunlight;
- Use a wet cloth to wipe off your chime with now and again;
- Bring your chime inside when outside the weather conditions are harsh.
- Keep it in an unheated area better.
Hopefully, these recommendations will work out for your wind chime, and, subsequently, you will be able to enjoy the atmosphere it sets for a very long time!
The use of metal wind chimes can create sounds ranging from a melodic song to a dull thump, depending on the type of materials used as well as the type of ball in the center striking the tubes when the wind blows. The length of the pipe or tube, along with the thickness of the metal will set the tone of the sound is made when the wind blows.
Metal wind chimes can be made in various sizes to create sounds similar to the tinkling of glass to the glare of horns, and the type of ball used can produce loud or muted tones. A metal ball in the center striking against metal wind chimes will be considerably louder than a rubber ball, which will make a muted sound and a wooden ball can produce a sound somewhere in the middle. How they are hung can also affect the clarity of the sound being made.
Most metal wind chimes will have a small hole drilled through the top, attached by a thin wire or string to a common point located about in the center of the contraption. This will enable the metal pieces to be maintained at an equal distance to the center ball, insuring it strikes each one with the same amount of force and movement. This will give all the parts of metal wind chimes the same opportunity to makes their individual noises, regardless of the strength or direction of the wind.
Moving Pipes Or Ball Still Results In Noise
Many metal wind chimes work on the principle of the center ball remaining essentially still while the wind moves the pipes to contact with the ball. Others may have the center ball attached to a thin piece of metal that is caused to move by the wind, with the ball striking the pipes. There is not going to be any difference in the sound made by metal wind chimes, regardless of whether the pipe hits the ball or the ball hits the pipes.
Most metal wind chimes are designed to make the best music possible with materials used, and the ball should strike each piece of metal at its approximate center. Math equations help the designer create the best possible sounds from wind chimes considering all the variables used to make them.
The size and weight of the metal parts, their length and the size and type of ball that will strike the parts are all considered when metal wind chimes are made. Think of them like a mobile, a balanced piece of work, with all parts an equal distance from its center. When the wind blows, they are made to strike another, more stable object to create a unique sound.
Metal Wind Chimes FAQ:
What metal makes the best wind chimes?
Most wind chimes (or tintinnabula) look like a bell hanging on a red pendant with a few short rods and a long “tongue” – the longest rod. These chimes are made whether of metal or wood to provide soothing, nice sounds when the air flows through them. Typically, metal wind chimes are considered as the best choice if you prefer soothing sounds that resemble brass music. Also, metal rods in wind chimes are more durable.
Most wooden chimes are made of bamboo. But the metal wind bells can be made of steel, gold, silver, copper, brass and aluminum. Instead of metal, you may pick the chimes made of porcelain or ceramics. Also, most large chimes are made of copper, aluminum and steel. Though, the price of such decoration is a bit higher.
Where should wind chimes be placed?
There are not so many options if you believe that a wind chime has the power to cleanse your house from negative emotions. According to some Feng Shui experts, wind bells have to be hung over the entrance door.
However, some say that you should hang the chime according to the major material of its rods. For instance, if it has metal rods then you should hang such chime in the eastern or southeastern part of the house.
Wooden chimes have to be hung in the southwestern or northeastern parts. According to the Feng Shui recommendations, ceramic bells should be hung only in the northern part of the house.
If you want to go even further and follow the beliefs of the Ancient Asians who invented wind chimes, then hang these talismans in such a way:
- Eastern part of the house (outside or inside) – wooden wind bell with 3 rods;
- Southeastern part – a wooden chime with 4 rods;
- Northeastern part – a ceramic wind bell with 8 rods;
- Southwestern part – a ceramic chime with 2 rods;
- Western part – a metal chime with 7 rods;
- Northwestern part – a metal chime with 6 rods;
By placing a chime in a dark corridor or poorly lit corner, you may dissipate the negative energy and give the “green light” for the movement of positive flows of Chi/Qi energy.
Also, in the room where there are too many windows and sunlight the Qi energy moves too quickly, without enough time to fill the house. If you hang a chime indoors, it will absorb the negative and toxic energy of sharp corners.
If you hang the talisman above the window, allegedly it can attract the positive Qi energy to your house or office. In such a way, you may also protect your house from aggression and conflicts between relatives or co-workers. Also, many Feng Shui experts believe that brass and copper wind chimes are the best talismans for attracting positive Qi energy.
But DO NOT hang wind chimes:
- Low above the door where it may hit your head;
- On the door;
- In the trees, if the chime is made of heavy metal, because it may damage the tree;
- Where people sleep or sit, especially directly above these places – beds or working desks. Instead, you may pick dream catchers for bedrooms;
What are the best sounding metal wind chimes?
There are so many top-notch wind chimes made of metal. Craftsmen and brands manufacture really beautiful metal wind chimes that produce nice melodies. It is hard to pick the best ornament. But you may check these popular metal wind chimes:
- Brooklyn Basix Freedom Chime is made of copper and steel. It comes in 2 sizes and offers 7 different colors to fit any interior inside or outside the house;
- WoodWind Amazing Grace Chime produces soothing and relaxing sounds reminding a nice melody of small church bells. If you seek durability and spiritual melodies, then check this affordable but top-notch chime made of aluminum with a few wood accents;
What are the benefits of metal wind chimes?
There are a few reasons to buy metal wind chimes:
- Nice, soothing or relaxing sounds;
- Can be a great decoration inside or outside the house/office/business;
- Different colors and designs are available;
- You can adjust the noise level by adding or removing the rods of metal chimes;
- Attracting positive Qi energy to your house/office/business;
- Spiritual “healing”;
- Better sound quality compared to other chimes;
- Soothing ambiance for babies and adults who have troubles with falling asleep;
Can I gift metal chimes?
No matter if you buy wooden or metal wind chimes – they will make a perfect gift. Allegedly, if the person gave you a wind chime it means that every time this decoration produces sounds it means this person is thinking about you. That is why it could be a touching and even romantic gesture to gift metal or wooden wind chimes. Just choose the wind bell that is perfectly tuned.
How many rods should a wind chime have?
The classic Feng Shui design presumes that a wind chime should offer no less than 5 rods. However, you may find many wind chimes with 6 or 8 rods made of bamboo/metal. Such a number of rods allegedly can attract beneficial energy.
To suppress bad energy 5 rods is the required minimum, according to the Feng Shui philosophy. Otherwise, the number of rods doesn’t matter. But keep in mind that large chimes with many rods sound louder. Make sure to ask your neighbors before buying the chime with loud metal rods.
Video Tutorial: Relaxing Metal Wind Chimes sounds
Wind chimes are capable of bringing joy and satisfaction to people of different ages and tastes. So that you could enjoy playing with the wind of your wind chime as long as possible, it is crucial to make the right choice.
We have provided you with the reasons why metal wind chimes are considered to be of the highest quality, offered you the most popular options, and explained what determines their sounding and how to make them last longer. Now it’s your turn to act! Think carefully and make the right choice. Good luck!