Choose the Best Locking Mailbox
Customer’s Choice: the Best Rated Locking Mailboxes
4 users answered this survey. Please help us improve this review!
Do you feel like your mailbox is an easy target for thieves? You’re not alone. It’s a lot easier to steal the mail when it comes in through the front door than to break into an individual home. Even if you have a locking mailbox, there are still things that can be done to prevent theft.
Reasons to invest in locking mailboxes:
- Anonymity. You never know who might be reading your mail, and locking mailboxes ensure that only the intended recipient is able to read it without needing a key. This can also come in handy if you have children or pets at home, as they won’t be able to get into any of your personal correspondence. The best locking mailboxes offer an extra level of security by ensuring only the intended recipient has physical access to what’s inside;
- Safety. If you have a locking mailbox, it will be so much harder for someone to rifle through your mail and take any valuable items that might not otherwise be well protected;
- Protection against identity theft. As mentioned above, people can’t go snooping around in your correspondence with unlocked doors or bags without needing a key. This provides added protection from identity thieves who might want to steal sensitive information like bank account numbers, social insurance numbers, birthdays and other personal details;
In this guide, experts will go over some of the best locking mailboxes and how they work so you can choose what’s right for your situation.
Mail Boss 7208 Package Security Mailbox – the Editor’s choice!
The patented anti-pry locking mechanism secures all of the contents inside so they are safe from thieves and nosy neighbors too. You’ll appreciate how sturdy this mailbox feels since it’s made from a 12-gauge electrogalvanized welded steel construction. This product is also fully capable of being mounted within a brick column, post-mounted as an individual, or in clusters with the use of spreader bars.
- Made with steel and bronze;
- Anti-pry mechanism;
- Includes installation hardware;
- Nice looking;
- The paint may come off;
- No warranty for the lock;
- The incoming mail slot is too wide;
This mailbox has a patented design with an anti-pry mechanism and secure locking system that mounts within brick or post-mounted. With 10 different finishes available including bronze stainless steel, this is both stylish and rugged.
Architectural Mailboxes 6300B-10 Oasis 360 Locking Mailbox – the best for weather resistance!
- Made with galvanized steel and aluminum;
- Black finish;
- Great locking system;
- Predrilled holes;
- Large capacity;
- Metal is too thin;
- Doesn’t include the keys;
Made of aluminum, this black mailbox will be at home on any exterior design thanks to its classic yet sleek styling. The innovative lock has been tested against weather conditions so that it can keep your letters protected inside.
Mail Boss 7526 Mail Manager Locking Security Mailbox – the best for design!
A bi-cam exterior latch guarantees secure storage on the inside where it locks up tight for ultimate protection.
The construction is durable and sturdy ensuring this isn’t going anywhere anytime soon but don’t worry because it has been approved by USPS, so you can keep getting your parcels and mail.
- The design is approved by USPS;
- Bi-cam anti-pry latch locking system;
- Secure mail door;
- Good for mail and packages;
- 12-disc wafer lock;
- The rear door issues may happen;
- Dents are possible;
A Mail Boss 7526 Locking Security mailbox keeps your mail and packages safe from unwanted eyes. If you’re looking for a high quality, secure, reliable, durable product to replace your old mailbox then check this mailbox out.
Mail Boss Curbside 7510 Locking Security Mailbox – the best for style!
The mailbox has an innovative baffle door for packages, along with patented features such as a concealed outgoing mail clip and anti-pry latch locks for your letters! Made available in brushed ebony or white cedar finishes, this mailbox will withstand anything you throw at it–paper balls included.
- Made with steel;
- Woodgrain finish;
- Includes concealed outgoing mail clip and 3 keys;
- 12-disc wafer lock;
- No compartment for small packages;
- Long envelopes won’t fit;
With a twelve-disc wafer lock, three keys, and all necessary installation hardware included, this stylish mailbox is easy to set up and use immediately after receiving.
Architectural Mailboxes 6400P-R-10 Locking Mailbox – the best for easy installation!
It comes with an easy-to-navigate lock mechanism that locks securely with reinforced brackets ensuring it can’t be easily pried open. The mailbox folds flat and comes pre-assembled, so installation is quick and easy.
The pewter color is great for blending into the environment and will allow your mail to be housed in an attractive mailbox that’s easy to see from afar.
- Made with galvanized steel;
- Easy to install and clean;
- Anti-fishing system;
- Magnetic door closure;
- Designed for small parcels and envelopes from 12.5 inches;
- The bottom slot is vulnerable;
- Powder coating may rust;
This metal mailbox has two outgoing mail clips discreetly hidden behind the hopper door as well as a magnetic intake door closure. It is reliable, stylish and easy to assemble.